CafeMedia is hiring a paid video intern for MamásLatinas, the online destination for moms.
As an intern at MamásLatinas you will have the opportunity to help craft videos for our website as well as Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube and Instagram.
You will be tasked to come up with ideas, participate and spearhead shoots in studio and in the field, edit and publish video content. You will also help us cover events in the news, celebrity interviews and a wide variety of topics and stories of interest to our audience.
This is a hands-on opportunity for someone passionate about telling and covering stories to join a fun team, be creative and shine in all aspects of video creation.
You should be able to work 30-40 hours per week.
- Assisting in all aspects of video and multimedia content creation.
- Pitching ideas daily for social media and our website
- Assisting with original video shoot production, location scouting and prop sourcing.
- Researching and interviewing subjects
- Writing scripts and headlines
- Shooting video and shoot photographs in studio and field environments.
- Repackaging popular articles as videos
- Searching and procuring relevant photos, social media and PR images for video, as needed.
- Assisting in managing and posting video to MamásLatinas’ YouTube channel.
- Mining random corners of the Internet and social media for fascinating stories
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro (CC or CS6) and Photoshop
- Proficiency shooting video and stills using Canon DSLR cameras and smartphone.
- Firm grasp of digital storytelling for a variety of platforms
- Ability to carry a project from idea to execution
- Demonstrated experience editing video.
- Ability to deliver edited video on quick turnaround deadlines
- Skills we would love you to have:
- Ability to juggle many projects at once, multi-task and prioritize
- Have a creative, out-of-the-box approach to content creation
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be a self-motivated person who isn’t afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves.
- Have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Enthusiasm for creating multimedia content for the web and breaking the Internet
How To Apply
Interested candidates should resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read “ML Video Intern”.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each resume. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer.