CafeMedia is hiring a video editor for CafeMom, an honest, funny and affirming parenting site that gets 30MM UVs a month.
We’re looking for curious minds with big ideas and strong opinions about digital storytelling. You’ll work on everything from original videos shot in our studio to Reuters packages to video memes and Instagram compilations. Experience creating sound-optional video for Facebook is ideal.
The ideal candidate can craft a variety of stories that appeal to moms, including humorous parody, inspirational profiles, life-changing hacks and well packaged breaking news and entertainment.
- Supervising and assigning one junior producer
- Growing our video production from the ground up, managing and overseeing production flow
- Edit 1 to 3 videos daily (these are 1- to 2-minute sound-optional Facebook videos)
- Writing scripts and mentoring reporters on script-writing
- Mining random corners of the Internet and social media to find fascinating stories that can be turned into video features
- Help hone CafeMom’s video strategy across Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat
- 2 to 3 years’ experience shooting, creating, and editing video for the Internet
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro (CC or CS6), Final Cut Pro 7, and Photoshop
- Firm grasp of video storytelling on Facebook
- An obsession with pop culture and viral news
- An itchy case of social media FOMO
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to carry a project from idea to execution
- Parenting experience and knowledge of the parenting market a big plus
How To Apply
Interested candidates should resume and cover letter to Courtenay Smith at email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read “Video Editor”.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each resume. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer.