Social Media Editor
CafeMedia is looking for a superstar to lead the social media strategy for our flagship brand, CafeMom, an honest, funny and affirming parenting site with millions of fans across Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram. The role will work with the editor in chief and marketing department to implement audience development strategies to increase followers and traffic referrals. This is a key role on our editorial team: S/he will lead social media accounts that already have massive followings and help establish the strongest content and video plan for social. The role will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow our reach, engage our followers and help convert them to enthusiastic audiences.
- Overseeing overall strategy and daily programming of CafeMom’s Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
- Developing and overseeing the voice and overall content marketing success on social platforms.
- Staying on top of industry trends, news and platform changes in social and educating the larger team on best practices.
- Being proactive about business opportunities on new/experimental platforms – and willing to take risks with voice and content formats.
- Working with editors in each vertical (parenting, lifestyle, news & entertainment) and with the video team to develop sharable programming and promotions.
- Communicating info about trending and viral content across teams.
- Working with our video editor to pitch and produce real-time social events, including Instagram stories and takeovers, live videos, social chats, and more.
- Tracking performance of social media posts and referrals daily to help guide editorial strategy.
- At Least 2 years’ experience working with social media for a major brand, with a proven track record for increasing followers, engagement, and traffic
- Daily knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter trends and key competitive brands online
- Familiarity with Omniture, Chartbeat, Google Analytics, or similar reporting tools — and experience tracking them daily
- Experience with basic HTML, content management systems, social media scheduling systems like SocialFlow, HootSuite or Sprinklr, and other basic digital production tools
- Strategic thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life
- Top-notch organization skills and attention to detail
- A sense of humor and a clear, creative, snappy writing style
- Experience producing multimedia and/or knowledge of video- and photo-editing platforms a plus
- Parenting experience and knowledge of the parenting market a big plus
How To Apply
Interested candidates should resume and cover letter to Courtenay Smith at email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read “Social Media Editor”.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each resume. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer.